17 March 2006

Living Alone

I was ten when I had to stay away from my parents. Sixteen long years have passed, nothing has changed. I stay alone. When we are students, staying alone is not really a problem, as we do not have time to get bored. Once we are into a job, a sad routine begins. We either do not have time or we do not know what to do when we have time!
I used to read a lot. I kept telling myself "Oh, I can not get bored as long as I have something to read". You can not read when you have nothing else to do!
Over the years I have learnt that having good friends makes our lives easy. A genuine friendship has the ability, to replace lot of things in our life that we often lack. If your friend is a good cook, it can even replace home-cooked meal. Cooking can be fun a lot of times. Though It's demanding, I realised that cooking is all about mixing vegetables with salt and chilli! And lo I ended up adding a new cuisine to the list! I have often told a friend of mine, in Europe not to mistake my cuisine with any of Indian cuisines. I could not really go anywhere near any of Indian cuisines, but I could eat a very good food.
Planning what to do on holidays, setting a target to do something other than we usually do, are probably the best things, both to be occupied all the time and to be happy about it.
Sense of loneliness is more about how we take it. Memories have a great ability to take us out of boredom. I always keep few albums with me, wherever I go. Nothing can substantiate the power memories than these words of William Wordsworth;For often, when on my couch I lieIn vacant or in pensive mood,They flash upon that inward eyeWhich is the bliss of solitude;And then my heart with pleasure fills,And dances with the daffodils.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a note about what you think about this write up. Thanks.

ಯಕ್ಷಮಿತ್ರದಿಂದ ಹೊಸ್ತೋಟ ಭಾಗವತರ ಯಕ್ಷಗಾನ ಲಕ್ಷಣ ಗ್ರಂಥ ಪ್ರಕಟಣೆ

                      ಪುಸ್ತಕಕ್ಕಾಗಿ ಸಂಪರ್ಕಿಸಿ ಅಮೇರಿಕಾಸ್: +16473283934                        ಭಾರತ — ರವೀಂದ್ರ ಮುದ್ರಣಾಲಯ ಸಾಗರ, ಮೋ: +9194495872...